S90 or Pana FZ35 for an Amateur Photo Enthusiast ?

Started Oct 12, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Two2Tango
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
S90 or Pana FZ35 for an Amateur Photo Enthusiast ?
Oct 12, 2009

I am an amateur photo enthusiast who is getting back to photography after a break. My first digital camera was an S30 and then Canon G3, but since then has mostly been relegated to SD series with absolutely no manual controls. Wanted to get back in to photography more seriously and got an FZ35 just about the time S90 was announced. Being a Canon fan, never thought FZ35 would impress me, but it did and thought it was very good value for money. My S90 pre-order is on its way and I have to make a choice between the two.

I am aware of the low light capabilities of S90 and the form factor which is a big plus. I do not carry a camcorder around, so HD video on FZ35 adds value, so does the extra zoom, albeit a little less. Being an amateur, I don't do pixel peeping but reasonably good IQ always helps.

What else would I be compromising going one way or the other ? Which would you recommend for me as versatile enough, if I'd be carrying only one camera ?

Appreciate your inputs and guidance.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow