Started Oct 11, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Charlie Self
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,924
Like?
Portable Printer for Free Shots
Oct 11, 2009

Some time in early spring, maybe even late winter, I'll be shooting entrants into a charity car show, with the promise of a free 5x7 to each entrant.

I can ship the prints to the entrants, but that adds a couple bucks to the cost. I'd like to print them on-site, without a lot of expense and hassle.

I've looked at portable/lightweight printers and I'm not coming up with much. That could be a fault of my research, so I'd like to get opinions as to what might be the best under 100 buck (USD) printer for such a job.

I usually use an Epson R1900, but that's just a tad bulky to be hauling around, and expensive enough I'd not like to bump it around too much.

The printer will probably be used for little else, unless per print costs are way under those of the 1900 (not really difficult!). That would be no more than four shows a year, probably three, with 100-150 entrants per show. Yes, we'd love to have 200 or more entrants, but that seems unlikely in a rural area, even though it is populated by car crazy types for the most part.

Second question: can inkjet printers use modified sync electrical output from an inverter, or no?

If worst comes to worst, I'll just pop for an Epson R280 and use that, but I was hoping for something that is aimed directly at portability.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow