ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PuzzleGal
Contributing MemberPosts: 929
Like?
F200EXR vs. Canon S90
Oct 10, 2009

Asking, not showing, I'm afraid.

I originally posted this on the Canon forum. It hasn't gotten any responses from people who have both, yet, but someone suggested I post it here, as well, to get both sides of the story.

After owning a couple of small cameras I've decided I want my "main" camera to be easily pocketable. The Fuji F200EXR is a fine size, and there's lots of competition in that segment.

I bought the F200 for it's dynamic range and low light capability. I was frustrated by its user interface. Not so much by finding stuff, as that it reacts a little slowly and it was hard for me to tell from the screen whether I'd exposed a photo properly. So while it has the dynamic range and low light capability I wanted, I can't always take advantage of that. Also, I sort of miss the manual controls from my old Canon A610 (especially the ability to manually focus and to set just a little bit of flash for fill.)

The Canon S90 is only a little larger than the F200, advertises good low light capability, and early reviews suggest an excellent user interface. So I'm very tempted by it. But there have also been some complaints about its DR.

Any comments, direct comparisons, etc. would be appreciated.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow