New MBP..anti-glare or glossy screen...advice

Started Oct 10, 2009 | Discussions thread
vdubreeze
Senior MemberPosts: 1,152
Like?
Re: New MBP..anti-glare or glossy screen...advice
In reply to pillowtop, Oct 10, 2009

pillowtop wrote:

This is not entirely an accurate question. Your choice isn't between anti-reflective and glossy. It's between anti-reflective and glassy. The screen itself aside, the main problem people have with Apple's new screens is the panel of glass that lies on top of the screen. That's the NUMBER ONE source of glare and reflections. In my opinion, it is exponentially more reflective and glare-prone than just a glossy screen.

Yes, the new MBP glossy screens introduce a whole new perspective on what your preference might be. While I love my MBP matte, I had to think a bit about it when making the purchase 18 months ago, as I wasn't really repulsed by the glossy alternative and it wasn't deal-killingly reflective in my environments. OTOH, I just got my mother a new MBP and holy cow I can't STAND helping her on it! : ) It's distractingly reflecting IMHO. It's a struggle to find a place in her apartment where I can sit with it, (though it doesn't bother her : ))

So greater accuracy for imaging on the matte aside, I really dislike doing anything on the new "glassy" screens.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow