S90 control dial have click stops?

Started Oct 9, 2009 | Discussions thread
gteague
Contributing MemberPosts: 930Gear list
Like?
Re: While I agree...
In reply to nighttime, Oct 9, 2009

i thought my wait for the s90 was going to be longer, so i had acquired a panasonic gf1 in the interim. naturally i haven't been off work since i got either it or the s90 so no real 'play' time. but i will say that the s90 beats the holy heck out the gf1 when put in manual mode and setting the aperture & speed. the click wheel on the gf1--which mean you have to press it until it clicks to change from setting fstop to changing shutter speed--is heavily detented or ratcheted. also, the display window which shows your settings is much cleaner on the s90 even though it's slightly smaller.

it's ironic because one reason i went for the gf1 was to have a camera with at least the quality of the lx3, but that was easier to hold and operate. it seems that the s90 has met that criteria while coming in a smaller package than the lx3. but the gf1 does have interchangeable lenses, a hot shoe, a bleedingly sharp 20mm/1.7 lens, and outstanding hd video.

guy

gteague's gear list:gteague's gear list
Sony RX100 RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow