Started Oct 8, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Greg Gebhardt
Forum ProPosts: 25,321Gear list
Like?
After a week with the GF1 . . . . I am dissapointed
Oct 8, 2009

Well here goes and I KNOW I am going to have "incoming", but this is how I see it, others might and will see it different. Even I got very excited about the GF1 and made early statements that after a week do not hold true. I have owned alot of equipment and am no "fanboy" of any brand that does not produce razor tack sharp images!

After a full week with the GF1 with the kit zoom plus the 20mm pancake lens, I am still not getting the razor sharp and crisp images I expected. The EP1 did not produce what I thought was expected either. I even set both up on a tripod and am not satisfied. Even the EVF was lacking the resolution to really make the GF1 more rangefinder like.

The GF1 was long waited for and I expected, from the rumors, it would be the small high quality camera I had been waiting on. In the end the D-Lux 4 is still my winner and will hold onto the coveted spot in the SUV while the GF1 outfit meets eBay

I am not posting this to create a thread to argue, I am just giving my own honest opinion for others to take into consideration before they purchase.

-- hide signature --

Greg Gebhardt in
Jacksonville, Florida

Greg Gebhardt's gear list:Greg Gebhardt's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Leica M9 Nikon D4 Nikon D800
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
noNew
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow