Started Oct 8, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ebrandon
Regular MemberPosts: 418Gear list
Like?
S90 First Pics and LX3/ZS3 comparison
Oct 8, 2009

On a lark, I walked into a Best Buy today and asked if they had either the G11 or S90 in stock. To my amazement, they did have five S90's.

I don't really want or need an S90, but I know that there has been such anticipation for sample pics from this camera, and that people have been wanting comparison pics with the Panasonic LX3 and ZS3. Since I have those two cameras, I felt it was almost my civic duty to buy the S90 and go make some test shots for this forum.

Here are the first pics I shot with the camera today. The location was China Camp State Park in California. The time of day was the hour before sunset. All pictures are straight out of the camera JPG, default settings.

http://thebrandons.smugmug.com/Other/S90-Fo/9890760_2XHV2#673833911_5JGzM

Later tonight I'll post some ISO sequences, some RAW vs JPG, some comparison pics taken with the S90/LX3/ZS3, my first impressions of the camera, and my opinion as to how it compares to the LX3/ZS3.

Tomorrow, maybe I'll post some sample videos shot with all three cameras.

ebrandon's gear list:ebrandon's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Ricoh GR Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Nikon D600 Canon EOS 6D +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow