Started Oct 7, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sharperest
Forum MemberPosts: 61Gear list
Like?
Lenses in the Utah National Parks
Oct 7, 2009

I was in all five of the Utah national Parks, Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Byce Canyon and Zion, over the last two weeks. I shot with my D90 and brought my Nikkor 18-55mm, 12-24mm, 55-200mm and the 35mm 1.4. I used my 12-24mm and my 35mm a majority of the time. There were a few occassions when I pulled out the 55-200mm but very few and even less for the 18-55mm. I was getting tired of changing lenses constantly between the 12-24 and the 35mm and wondered if I should have gotten the 18-200mm before I left. Pictures I thought came out very well and I was very happy with the sharpness of both lenses. I still have a lot to learn but I used aperture mode quite a lot and was challenged in many bright light/shadow mid day situations that I was able to overcome. Those parks are unbelievable and many picture opportunities to take advantage of.
--
Shoot when you can and take the day off if you find you can't.

sharperest's gear list:sharperest's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow