WHat Epson is saying about LR2 Printing.

Started Oct 3, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wmmc
Regular MemberPosts: 147
Like?
WHat Epson is saying about LR2 Printing.
Oct 3, 2009

Until recently I has an Epson E1800 and would print from PSCS3, and using Epson UP Matte, Epson Inks, their ICC Profile, and a Spyder 2 calibrated monitor, I was able to produce prints that were pretty much what I saw in screen.

The printhead on the 1800 died, so I upgraded to the R2880, and coincedentally moved over to Lightroon2, and frankly have fallen in love with the sfotware.

As I have read and researched many many places, my prints are dark/muddy. Seems like a common problem. Many people say it is because the monitors are too bright.

The first time I contacted Epson, they actually told me NOT to use their ICC prfile, and have the printer manage colors - OMG. Well I tried, and while the prints are brighter - the colors are nowhere close to accurate.

I called again. This guy seemed more on the ball.

He said, there is a KNOWN issue with LR2 printing because of ProPhoto not properly interfacing with the print driver. He had me export from LR to Adobe RBG1998, and print from PSCS3. The problem is that this export has a significant impact on the appearance of the image. But it does print better. My concern is that the need to do this pretty much negates the significant advantages of using LR2 -esp since LR2 and CS3 are on different versions of ACR.

Others?
--
Nikon Guy since F2

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow