Started Oct 3, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RJSPhotography
Senior MemberPosts: 1,677Gear list
Like?
SB900 cuts out during Wedding Entrance Shots
Oct 3, 2009

Did a wedding today on a cold day here in Australia. Had my SB900 with the SD9 battery pack on my nikon D3.

I have had constant problems with this flash unit...and before anyone chimes in....I do not machine gun my shots!

Yes and I have also upgraded my firmware etc.

As the Bridal Pary was starting to make their entrance into the Church...the SB900 decides to cut out...take a rest period. I always carry a backup nikon D300 with a SB 800 on my shoulder...which saved the day.

This is not the first time my SB900 has cut out on me.

Come Monday I will be ringing Nikon Australia and giving them a serve!

In my opinion, for wedding photography the Nikon SB900 is a useless/extremely unreliable flash.

So what if the SB900 has some new u beaut features, if it is not consistently reliable then it's rubbish!

I have all my nikon SB800's that have never failed me....that have not melted on me. So nikon how come you released a product that in my opinion, is useless for wedding photography???

Come on Nikon it's about time to come clean about this. I cannot believe that a nikon product could be so poor for its top of the range flash.

Cheers

Ron

RJSPhotography's gear list:RJSPhotography's gear list
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow