Another example of an Olympus' edge as a camera system...

Started Oct 3, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
daddyo
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,444Gear list
Like?
Another example of an Olympus' edge as a camera system...
Oct 3, 2009

While the 'big guys' have refused to implement an articulating LCD screen to make Live View a truly useful function in their 'top of the line' cameras, I continue to appreciate this feature on my E-3.

As Louis Dobson used to state regularly on this forum, the value of the Olympus 4/3 system has to be assessed as exactly that, a camera system. I write this in opposition to all the negative posts currently floating about the forum regarding Olympus' failure to upgrade the E-3 according to everyone's perceived time schedule and desired technical advances. Not that an upgrade isn't desirable -- it's just not the crisis issue some play it up to be. I'm sure Olympus is fully aware of what is going on technologically in the DSLR industry.

In my opinion, the articulating LCD and the 4/3's field of view are two distinct advantages my E-3 has over the major competition. The following images were shot a few days back with my E-3 on a tripod and shooting straight up using Live View and the articulating LCD to compose the image. Both of these images would have been virtually impossible (or at least a contortionist's nightmare) using a fixed LCD. In addition I was using the very compact 70-300mm lens on both shots which provided incredible telephoto reach in the second image without dealing with the bulk of a 400mm, or greater lens.

God Bless,
Greg
http://www.imagismphotos.com
http://www.pbase.com/daddyo

Cowboy statue on the grounds of the Texas State Capitol

The 'Star of Texas' at the top on the Texas State Capitol dome

daddyo's gear list:daddyo's gear list
Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow