Started Oct 1, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mark currier
Senior MemberPosts: 1,451
Like?
New DSLR-Video Forum on DPReview
Oct 1, 2009

I have proposed to Phil a new forum for dslr-video in general, not brand/model specific. With the exponential increase in posts that we are seeing in regards to dslr-video, I think that we need a better place to discuss it than in the 7D forum. While this week it may make sense to discuss it here, just about every new dslr that is announced in the future will most likely have video capabilities, so limiting discussion of dslr-video to the 7D forum (or any other particular brand/model forum) no longer makes sense. Video is a topic all in itself.

If you agree and would like to see Phil add a DSLR-Video forum to DPReview, please add your voice here.

This is not a negative thing, by way of saying "get discussions of video out of the xyz forum", but a positive in that with the growth of dlsr-video we will have a single place to go to with discussions about dslr-video related topics that are bound to increase, such as lighting, supports, audio, editing, authoring, 24P, 25P, 30P, etc., etc. The many topics and intricacies about video that are just going to clog up forums that were not exactly meant for "video" talk, but more for "camera" (i.e. 'photo') talk. I had formerly been a member, contributor and moderator at 2-popforums.com since it's inception (a video forum), and it's amazing how many sub-topics we ended up adding just in relation to video.

Again, if you agree and would like to see Phil add a DSLR-Video forum to DPReview, please add your voice here.

-- hide signature --

Mark Currier

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow