How do you get good images at high iso with D300?

Started Sep 30, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
skutters
Regular MemberPosts: 410Gear list
Like?
How do you get good images at high iso with D300?
Sep 30, 2009

Hi All, I hear all the time about people uping the iso in their D300 and getting good results, i just can't seem to get these same results the most resent being some shot's i took of the granddaughter as she was leaning out of the car window it was quite shady so i put the iso up to 500 to get a decent shutter speed.

The results were awful no detail and lot's of noise i just binned them all as they were unusable. The shot's were a little underexposed but that's all. I have had the same experence every time i try upping the iso. Any idea's why i might not be getting decent results. BTW most of my print's will be printed at 15in x 10in for club comp's so i need good quality not just usable shot's.

On a side note as i mention in this post with the images being a bit underexposed i have found the metering on my camera does not perform very well in slightly difficult lighting it will underexpose and blow highlights quite easily. Have you guy's found the same or do you find it ok?.

Regard's Kev.

skutters's gear list:skutters's gear list
Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Nikon D300 +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow