Started Sep 30, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mpgxsvcd
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,650Gear list
Like?
Got my GF1 and 14-45 kit today.
Sep 30, 2009

Got my GF1 with 14-45 lens today. I got it from Samy’s in California. I also have one coming from Amazon but I am returning that one.

Here are my very early impressions.

The camera is large but still pocketable without the lens installed. It would not be pocketable for me with any lens including the pancake lens.

The shutter sound is VERY pronounced. If you are used to a Point and Shoot that doesn’t make a sound this might annoy you.

The camera will not work with aftermarket batteries. I bought one from Amazon that guaranteed it would work. It doesn’t so I will return it.

The burst mode was better than I expected. It is not the 6 FPS I am used to getting with my ZS3. However, it works very well and the auto focus even works well during burst mode and zooming.

The flash was almost over powering. I blew out a few shots even on iso 100. I would say the flash is extremely well built. It is one of my favorite features so far.

I haven’t had a chance to upload any pictures or videos. However, I will post everything tonight.

-- hide signature --
 mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow