Whats a good camera with little lag, low light, etc..

Started Sep 28, 2009 | Discussions thread
chuxter
Forum ProPosts: 14,782Gear list
Like?
Re: Whats a good camera with little lag, low light, etc..
In reply to DaveM76, Sep 29, 2009

DaveM76 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. I figured most people would say DSLR's, and as far as budget, I guess around $500 or a little more would be fine. With a DSLR, do you need to learn a lot,

Yes...

...or can you just start taking pictures in auto mode right away?

Yes...

The issue is that as you move from a P&S camera to a more serious photographic tool, the manufacturers understand that their customers are more likely to do serious PP and they set the defaults accordingly. You thus have to either start doing serious PP or change the camera defaults to render a better JPEG out of the camera. Figuring out how to do that can take some effort and time (but it's worth it).

With any of these cameras mentioned (including the G11), how quick can you take a picture from the camera being off and capped?

Most dSLRs are almost instantaneous.

And for my zoo example, although its daylight, if you are in a wooded area and there is an animal out of the flashes range, will these cameras get the shot in that low light?

Yes...

Or you could get a more powerful flash?

-- hide signature --

Charlie Davis
Nikon 5700, Sony R1, Nikon D300
HomePage: http://www.1derful.info
'I'm from Texas. We have meat in our vegetables.'
Trenton Doyle Hancock

chuxter's gear list:chuxter's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Nikon D50 Nikon D300 Nikon D810 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow