Whats a good camera with little lag, low light, etc..

Started Sep 28, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DaveM76
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
Whats a good camera with little lag, low light, etc..
Sep 28, 2009

Hi all. I currently have a Canon G3 that I have had for 6 years now, and it takes great pictures. Well, great pictures when there is a lot of light out and when I don't have to snap one quickly! Anyways, I noticed a few times like when I go to the zoo, or somewhere where its not real light, or when I have to snap some quick shots and don't have much time, I either miss them or they are too dark. My wife and I also hope to have a baby soon, and by then a new cameral would definitely be needed. So I am just throwing this out here from now to start getting ideas, since it usually takes me forever to make a decision. One thing I think I really would miss if I didn't have it was the tilt out swivel LCD screen on the Canon. I have used that so many times to get some good shots from weird angles. Would something like the SX1 IS fulfil these needs, or do I need a DSLR? I never had experience before with film SLRs, so if I used one, it would probably be in the autmatic modes a lot, although I do like to learn. But if I can get good results with a non DSLR and wouldnt have to worry about lugging lenses around, etc, then I would prefer that way. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow