Smaller compact Logic-(Thom Hogan style)

Started Sep 27, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave Cheatham
Contributing MemberPosts: 951
Like?
Smaller compact Logic-(Thom Hogan style)
Sep 27, 2009
-- hide signature --

I am looking to jump in and buy with this recent round of new cameras that have been introduced or being introduced soon. I like the bigger 4/3 program...except all the new lenses that I would need to buy. I would like a 4/3 or slr sensor in a compact body. I think I would prefer the zoom of the leica dlux four. and or primes ect. I am thinking of just getting the G11 to hold me over for 6 months hoping that Nikon comes out with a larger sensor in a compact. I would like higher iso..at least 1600. The tiny point and shoots are fine...I have a dlux 3 leica..have so many shortfalls. Menus ..no viewfinder, poor noise at higher iso. Crummy flash.

I am not ready to jump with this much cash for the first round of panny or oly 4/3. I feel like it is the d100 as far as were we are on the development of this new product type.

So in other words..I think I will pre order the g11. (hate to buy a canon) Then wait for the 8 or 9 months for Nikon. If next spring they do not get in the game aggressively..then I will go another platform for the subcompact and buy some lenses to go with it.

What are others thinking?

Dave C

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow