Old AF280T works nicely with manual lenses!

Started Sep 26, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ari Aikomus
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,004
Like?
Old AF280T works nicely with manual lenses!
Sep 26, 2009

Hi,

At this moment I have tight budget what comes to photography equipments. So I have several cheap (but overall quite good) manual primes with my K20D, and also "not so expensive" Dörr P-TTL flash with it. It works OK with my AF lenses (though not support HSS).

Anyway my recent second hand purchase is old Pentax P50 body which came with Pentax-A 50/2 lens and Pentax AF280T flash ( not bad deal - all this stuff 50$ total ;-)).

Pentax A-50/2 is nice lens and it works also with my Dörr P-TTL flash - of course as it's A serie lens.

...BUT Pentax AF280T flash was really positive surprise for me ! As it's auto thyristor flash, it operate comfortable easy way with my fully manual lenses ! With Dörr flash I have to use its manual settings with manual lenses, and it's not always so handy...But AF280T's auto (thyristor) mode set a new level of usability for me what comes to flash photography with these manual lenses! Nice ;-D.

I noticed that auto thyristor mode is iincredibly reliable even with very different like lenses, like Zenitar 16/2.8 fish-eye or Panagor 55/3 macro lens.

And of course AF280T has a Bounce/Swivel head...lol. Yep - it's my favourite toy now.

That's all this time - happy shootings,

Ari
--

• Ari Aikomus -

'Why should I feel lonely ? is not our planet in the Milky way?'

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow