Sydney Dust Storm

Started Sep 24, 2009 | Discussions thread
Kurt Petersen
Senior MemberPosts: 2,547Gear list
Like?
Re: Sydney Dust Storm
In reply to djbrom, Sep 25, 2009

Nice shots David. I was already at work at Kingsford-Smith Airport when it hit the other day and it was quite a surreal experience watching the dust getting thicker and thicker and visibility dropping just as the sun should be coming up and making things easier to see. What was most astounding was that there were pilots brave enough to actually try and land in that muck, watching an A380 suddenly appear from the red mist just as the wheels were hitting the ground made my jaw drop!

Here's a shot I snapped of myself with the camera phone while unloading the first flight of the day. Even with the facemask on I felt like I had smoked two packs of cigarettes by the time my shift ended.

BTW, it seems that the dust is back again this morning, although nowhere near as thick as the other day. Still has that odd orange glow. Tempted to take my camera as I walk down to get a coffee, but not sure I want to test out the SSWF on my E-510 that much.

-- hide signature --

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Kurt Petersen's gear list:Kurt Petersen's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow