Home made ring flash adapter for Canon speedlite 430 EX II or any other Canon flash.

Started Jun 29, 2009 | Discussions thread
Roonal
Senior MemberPosts: 2,505
Like?
Re: Have you considered a ring flash diffuser?
In reply to Ro13, Sep 24, 2009

Ro13 wrote:

I did, but talked to a couple people that basically said good concept but didn't work well...do you like them?

I do very little people flash photography and when I do I usually need all the reach my flash will give me. I did some informal testing, but don't recall off-hand how much light I lose with the diffuser.

Don't know what they are currently going for, but awhile back it was around $70USD which I consider a no-brainer - something interesting to experiment with. Btw I paid around $130.

Where I've used it most is for close-up photography. I mount it upside down on an external flash, hold it and the flash in my left hand off camera (but sometimes positioning my lens through the opening), and firing it with a wireless trigger.

-- hide signature --

Good Day,
Roonal

'Money doesn't buy happiness, but it makes for an extravagant depression' by golf tournament sportscaster

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow