Started Sep 23, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DaveJC
Senior MemberPosts: 1,747Gear list
Like?
45-200 is not micro on a GF1
Sep 23, 2009

Found this post on another thread and it stopped my purchase plans in a heart beat.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=32913973

I had originally wanted the GF1 with 14-45 with the later addition of the 45-200 then this visual enlightenment occured. The 45-200 is big. Much bigger than the 14-45 and in my mind defeats the whole reason for the setup. I already own the Oly kit lenses and the all the HG grade lenses plus the PL 25mm f1.4 so another relatively large lens is not needed. A lens that large defeats the purpose if getting a GF1.

So with my new knowledge, I switched my order to the GF1 with 20 pancake. During my film days, I owned a Minolta CL which only had a set of 40 and 90 mm lenses and it served me well for quite a while in Europe. So the 20mm and 45mm mFT lenses will do just fine for this cam. I find mounting the PL 25mm on either the E-3 or E-520 forces me to see things differently and use physical cropping more creatively so I do not see have primes as limiting at all.
So back to the future...
--
DaveJC

DaveJC's gear list:DaveJC's gear list
Fujifilm X-M1
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OuchNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow