can your zoom lens do this?

Started Sep 17, 2009 | Discussions thread
prodesma
Senior MemberPosts: 1,707Gear list
Like?
does fujinon make a pocket cam ultra-zoom model? LOL.
In reply to EleventhSphere, Sep 21, 2009

EleventhSphere wrote:

Let's assume it is a Fujinon XA88x8.8BESM, which features 88x zoom
1:1.7 (8.8 ~ 348 mm) [with doubler] 1:3.8 (777 mm)

See the specs at:
http://www.fujinon.com/Broadcast/Product.aspx?cat=1048&id=167

yeah, EleventhSphere... looks something like that. but, to my eyes, it certainly dint look that new. if i had to guess, maybe at least five years old, maybe as much as eight or nine. so, prolly the model before the XA88x8.8 BESM?

when was at&t park completed? was it 2003? something like that, so prolly new when they moved into the park. the specs are pretty fascinating. i tried to google what one of these would cost.

all i got were e-mail prompts to inquire for sales, and a rental sheet w/ specs (no rental rate) from somewhere in chelsea NYC i think.

anyways, crazy stuff. thanks for the specs link. i can't even imagine it w/ the doubler on. i'll bet a full-size pick-up truck would prolly fill the horizontal axis of the frame from more than a half mile away?! i'll bet i could be doing some great birding and wildlife shooting in canada... right from my rooftop here in san fran. LOL.

omg. does fujinon make a pocket cam ultrazoom model? heh heh. just funnin'.

don't think i posted this one yet, so here's sergio romo busting my lens. i swear he will be a closer in less than three years. i dunno for who... but his stuff convinces me that he will be.

prodesma's gear list:prodesma's gear list
A3000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 20mm F2.8 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow