Should I jump ship and go for a 5DMKII ?

Started Sep 20, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
steven_k
Regular MemberPosts: 446Gear list
Like?
Should I jump ship and go for a 5DMKII ?
Sep 20, 2009

Don't get me wrong here, I love my D700 and all my PC-E lenses for landscape work which I enjoy to do yet.....

If Nikon does not announce a D700X/D800 by years end i am considering jumping ship to canon because yes I do like to print 20x30 on my 24" HP Z3200 PS printer

and with canon's newer 24mm PC -E lens I am tempted. I know having more mp will not make me a "better" photographer and yes I only use the best lenses, always use a tripod, Cable release and shoot with the mirror up all the time so my technique is sound. Nikon is a superior camera I know this, build quality, etc and I wish I can afford a D3X but it's out of my budget. I did own a A900 for a few months which I loved but when I got turned onto the PC-E lenses this opened up a whole new world for landscape work which sony/minolta do not offer. I went Nikon because I really believed they were going to have a 24mo camera out by years end but now I am getting a little nervous With the rumor of the D700S coming out, I also thought that maybe Nikon will also upgrade the D3X also, and skip coming out with a 24mp D700.

Any thoughts or am I crazy??

Steven

-- hide signature --

Nikon D700 Nikon PC-E 24,45,85mm , 14-24mm F2.8, 80-200 AF 2.8D, HP Z3200 PS 24' Printer

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow