Started Sep 20, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SeeRoy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,518Gear list
Like?
Black Rapid users - is it stable?
Sep 20, 2009

I have been looking (again) at the Black Rapid system, which seems to offer a decent solution to the ever present problem of comfort when using heavy camera/lens combinations. What occurs to me is that the single mounting point may be a limitation. When a regular strap is worn across the shoulders you have similar functionality (a bit more friction when bringing it up of course) but the dual mounting points offer some stabilisation of the camera when moving about. It looks to me as though the BR system, even though the camera is against the body (with lens pointing backward, which seems like a good idea) it's going to be constantly trying to rotate around the single mounting point, and thus very unstable (and annoying).

Would any users of the BR system like to comment on this? I was about to order one (no UK suppliers unfortiunately) when this occurred to me. The other system that I looked at was the Cotton Carrier; I suspect I might feel something of a wally wearing one though...

The TT support systems etc are not something that I'd be happy buying online as I feel it would be essential to try out the various components before buying. The BR strap looked like an easy choice... at first.

Roy
--
Trying...

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
Higuma MOD
yes!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow