Started Sep 19, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Burnfoot
Regular MemberPosts: 185Gear list
Like?
Olympus future - Technical limitations?
Sep 19, 2009

I am wondering if it is technically possible for Olympus/Panasonic to produce a FF-sensor without also adding a complete range of new lenses? If I understand correctly all of the current lenses are specifically made for 4/3? So does this not mean that Olympus eventually will run into a wall where the competion is offering consumer priced FF-Dslrs and Olympus is stuck with 4/3 12 MP sensors and a complete line of lenses that doesn't work on anything else? I am myself contemplating buying a E-620/E-3 or something else (D90/D300 or 40D/50D) since I have sold "all" my Sony gear. I just want to know if I perhaps buy E-3 + 12-60 will there be a relevant succesor if we look 5 years into the future?! The future at least seems to be FF with the competitors. I might have gotten things mixed up or maybe I haven't understood the technical aspect correctly, please correct me if that is the case.

Burnfoot's gear list:Burnfoot's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
QEDNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow