DA*16-50 problem

Started Sep 13, 2009 | Discussions thread
WildSammy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,038Gear list
Like?
Re: DA*16-50 problem too!
In reply to shane gerrish, Sep 18, 2009

OK.. I have to react now!

I have 16-50 and it was about 2 months in service for optical adjustment. After 2 weeks of using it when it comes back from service one night it failed to focus. Something stucked inside the lens mechanics and focusing ring was locked and can't move from side to side and AF stoped working too. I was angry and after two days it begin working as normal, but I send it to repair. I wish they will replace the lens for new, but I'm afraid the do nothing with it and send me lens back and say it's OK, but it's not. This failure showed up twice and everytime after some time it begin to work as normal. Also the optical failure is not OK and m 16-50 is worsier than DA18-55 and they did nothing with it after 2 months in service and I'm not saying my copy of 16-50 is badly backfocusing There's something in internal focusing mechanics because decentering shows on variouse places on picture, depeding on rotation of focusing ring. It sucks and I can't explain this problem exactly to reseller and then they can't describe it to service as expected. So it's really complicated case.

-- hide signature --

S.

WildSammy's gear list:WildSammy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Apple Aperture +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow