ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
prodesma
Senior MemberPosts: 1,711Gear list
Like?
can your zoom lens do this?
Sep 17, 2009

hi all,

okay, so i went to the SF Giants baseball game last night at AT&T park. this camera operator (Mike) struck up a conversation w/ me while i was strolling around during batting practice and taking some photos. he showed me the zoom capabilities (w/o even using a 'doubler'- what we'd refer to as a teleconverter). mike was really cool, and we must've talked shop for at least 20-30 minutes. he shoots sf giants games and some sj sharks games too.

okay, this fujinon starts w/ an iris (aperture) of f/1.7 and gets what i think is 88x optical zoom. yikes. but who cares? i mean, that's just a smaller number and a bigger number than any less i have, right? heh heh.

check the LEFT image here. can you see the bay bridge support TOWER just to the right of his viewfinder hood? (it's way out there in the background). don't blame me for exposure here, the inside of the park was in full shade, and the bay was full daylight, alright? about 7 stops difference in exposure... yeah, i shot RAW, yada yada...

ok. now look at the RIGHT image. see that bus on his monitor? yeah. yup. that is ZOOMED in, and that bus was right AT that TOWER on the bay bridge. sick.

ohhhhhhhh. now i know what i already want for christmas. LOL. sigh. if you wanna see a couple of the shots i took from the first row of the bleachers, they're on my BRAND NEW flickr account in my sig (below).

cheers.

prodesma's gear list:prodesma's gear list
A3000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 20mm F2.8 +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow