Started Sep 10, 2009 | Discussions thread
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner
Forum ProPosts: 18,327Gear list
Like?
Noticeable even at preview sizes
In reply to Roland Karlsson, Sep 16, 2009

Roland Karlsson wrote:

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner wrote:

On the other hand, the Foveon image might not have altered the colors of the railing with objects behind it:

Nice find! Yeah - it looks kind of strange. Any print will probably be large before you can see it though. But - its correct - Bayer CFA reconstruction have to make assumptions - and the assumptions are not global over the entire image.

Actually the huge problem I see with the middle example is, that even in just the preview size the red signs look like they are outside the railing, instead of behind it! The smaller sizes actually make this flaw worse because you can't see even the hint of bars.

Even the jogger in the preview size (fitting roughly a 1000 pixel wide space) looks like she, too, is outside the railing while other people are behind it...

The last image on my set of three was I thought some weird color artifact but then later I thought it was probably just CA or a reflection flare.

That is more strange. Hmmmm ... it looks weird. Might it be that it actually looks that way? The areas seems too large to be affected. Or maybe the Leica Bayer CFA reconstruction tries to to a slightly more global interpretation?

I can't see any reason why the real coloration would exactly cover just the area where the railing is, I'm pretty sure the color should be the same as the building above. I think it's affected by there also being a second set of bars behind the first adding an extra touch of blue, but that is a lot of area that gets affected even so.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow