HD video: How important is it to you in a DSLR?

Started Sep 8, 2009 | Discussions thread
dman6666
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
Re: Does anyone use Live View?
In reply to Michael Todd, Sep 15, 2009

Michael Todd wrote:

I think there's a correlation here. It's a feature which probably adds to the cost of our cameras, which some people use and others don't.

I personally have a 40D and a 50D and have never used it. I turned it on one time, said "neat" and never tried it again. It's just not what I need in a camera.

I upgraded to the 40D for the LiveView capabilities. Unfortunately I wasn't aware of it's limitations. I thought it would allow my wife to use my camera as a P&S, in certain cases, but live view does not focus properly / easily in that mode and has to be used in one of the program / M modes. As such, I almost never use it.

I was also hoping to use it to frame photo's in cases where I might need to lift my camera up over my head and can't look through the viewfinder. Again, due to limitations it's not very practical for that either.

I'm not going to upgrade 'for' HD video in my DSLR until the rolling shutter is less of an issue. I may upgrade to a DSLR camera that has video capabilites for other reasons though, we'll see.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
VeryNew
VeryNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow