How do I stop Firefox DownloadHelper plugin from downloading?

Started Sep 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
digitall
Senior MemberPosts: 2,223Gear list
Like?
How do I stop Firefox DownloadHelper plugin from downloading?
Sep 15, 2009

After an unsuccessful Google search for an answer I thought I'd pose this question for the erudite experts here.

Having just installed DownloadHelper, a Firefox plugin, which enables the saving of, for example, Youtube videos to one's computer, I had the annoying experience of not being able to cancel an unwanted download (which I did initiate the saving of, using the plugin).

On Youtube I found an excerpt of Mendelsshon's Octet and used the above plugin to download it to my computer but I soon realised the music was badly recorded so wanted to stop the download. I found no obvious way of doing so. I closed FF, deleted the partial download from My Music and opened firefox again. All seemed well but later a pop-up announced my download (20MB) was complete! I had not revisited the Youtube site so thought I was safe.

With a fairly fast broadband connection and not having unlimited downloads with my ISP account I would like to avoid this happening again. Does anyone know how I can cancel such a download? Thanks.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow