Started Sep 13, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ronald Ran
Contributing MemberPosts: 659
Like?
Nikon 300mm F/4 AF info needed on switches
Sep 13, 2009

I just purchased a used Nikon 300 AF F/4 lens off ebay. Took several pictures of house plants across the street & they look good- will go to zoo this week.

I did not get a manual with the lens purchase and have searched high & low on Nikon site and can't even see where they even own up to making this lens. Plenty on AF-S models and 300mm F/2.8. Can't even find using google, get plenty hits on 70-300m. If anyone knows where I can get the english portion I would appreciate.

I can't quite figure out the A/M switch on this lens, Is the A to be exposed when the lens is AF & M exposed when in Manual. I have a D300 & I guess the switch on the D300 body must be set to M otherwise this lens seems to autofocus whether set in A or M. Also if lens is set on Manual is the large collar to turn to focus. ( I feel stupid on this point).

In AF mode the focusing is fast and I might leave it this way since with age eyesight goes a little.

BTW, I read an article that spoke of using a 2x converter- claimed a little softer then the 600mm lens. Has anyone tried this?

Ronald
--
Nikon D300

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow