Started Sep 13, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
A. M. Hughes
Regular MemberPosts: 240
Like?
A New Thread Perhaps ?
Sep 13, 2009

Since having moved from film to digital photography in 2000. I have been on occasion been asked to restore old or damaged photos that folks bring my way on occasion. Those of you who restore images also know that we are often asked to work with some very beat up prints, slides or negatives. To bring theses images back to life often involves considerable time and patience to recover images that to our clients may be of particular significance as a family memory or just an aesthetically pleasing photo.

Most often the prints I receive are snaps shots of folks and locations who have passed on or date back to a time long before the Internet. Apart from the age or condition, on occasion I am sure that you have come across images that jump out and grab your eye or touch you in some visceral or aesthetic way.

How about a thread where we post the images that we have stumbled upon that really grab your attention and hold it, for whatever reason; composition, historic, etc. Then we can see if others are effected similarly.

Here is an image that came to me, as a beat up old snapshot that somebody carried around in his wallet for God knows how many years. Even before I cleaned it up the best I could it knocked my socks off. What do you think?

-- hide signature --

A.M.H.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow