Started Sep 11, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JMDavis
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
Stupid printer problem with a Mac and Epson R1800
Sep 11, 2009

OK, I am really confused!!! I'm a Windows refugee and am now using a new Mac Pro, Photoshop Elements 6, and an Epson R1800 printer. Now, when I print using another app, like say MS Word for the Mac, I can change settings, such as paper type, printing speed, quality I want (i.e. normal, economy, photo, etc.) of the printer in dialog boxes. But, when I go to print some of my 4X6 snapshots using Elements 6 and the R1800 I am confronted with just the Elements print dialog (not much here to adjust) and the photos all print really fast and on what seems to be normal setting - not the photo quality I was used to being able to set when I was using Windows. I now I've installed the correct Epson driver for the R1800, the Epson Print Utility (clean the heads and such) is there also. I just can't get in there and make selections under Elements 6 for paper type, quality of photo and so on. I've posted here yesterday (maybe I didn't explain the problem enough/clearly) and the gentleman that responded gave some advice and also mentioned a "printer settings" selection box in the printer dialog in Elements - I have tried and tried, but in the Photoshop Elements 6 I have there is no such thing - I've looked!! I know what he was talking about because I found a screen shot of it at one site when I was researching on the web. I just don't have it for some reason. Any comments, suggestions or opinions from anyone who has a similar set up would be appreciated! Thanks - JMDavis

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow