where to buy Novoflex MFT/NIK adapter in USA?

Started Aug 27, 2009 | Discussions thread
G1Houston
Senior MemberPosts: 2,228Gear list
Like?
Re: Yes it costs $300 but the really nice
In reply to jonny1976, Sep 9, 2009

When the adapter was first available in Europe, I was under the impression that it will be about $160. I thus almost fell off my chair when I realize that it is so expensive. Do I really need a GH1? Do I?

jonny1976 wrote:

i have the ep1 and the novoflex adpater for pentax...i use also the 200 2,8 and the last problem is the balnce. the combo is pretty comfortable with two hands.

optically the results are far far better than any micro third tele u have in the market.

i use it like a 2* focal multiplier in many cases, at the end i have a 400 2,8 that can be very useful.

G1Houston wrote:

If you put the 70-200 and 17-55 over the GH1, how much weight/bulk do you save from using, say a D90 or D5000? The whole set up will also be quite unbalanced.

I was thinking of mounting the 35/1.8 and the Tokina 12-24. Or I can just wait next year when the Pany 14/2.8 come out, and then use a cheaper adapter to mount the 24/2.8 and 50/1.8. Or I can just buy the 45/2.8. Or I should just stay with Nikon as it gets expensive to invest on another system. Decision, decision, decision (over camera, lens, and adapter that are impossible to find) ...

GeorgeF wrote:

part of this is that it will work with the G lenses. My 70-200 and 17-55 will both work.

Yes they are bulky but it adds some spice to what we can do with the e-p1.

I allso have the Tokina 11-16 G lense and that works well too.

Good luck

George

-- hide signature --
 G1Houston's gear list:G1Houston's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow