Tamron 18-270mm w/ VC (IS)

Started Sep 7, 2009 | Discussions thread
tocar
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,182
Like?
Re: Tamron 18-270mm w/ VC (IS)
In reply to oreo112, Sep 9, 2009

I heard part of Yosemite was involved with the recent fire. Within the valley there's a lot of views.. cliffs (Half Dome, El Capital, Yosemite Falls, etc and the Merced River. The Awahnee Hotel with it's rustic looks. You can drive up to Glacier Point and you'll see the whole valley from up there.. it's like being on top of the world. If you're coming from the south entrance there are great views prior to the tunnel and a vista after the tunnel. Lots of waterfalls. If you want to see the waterfall (I forget the name) and the parking is full.. drive up a little further and park at the side road going towards the valley and walk to the fall via a short trail. I also recommend going to Hwy SR120 and go to Mono Lake (Indio National Forest) that only takes about an hour and a half.. there's a lot of spectacular views of landscapes and will see the other side of Yosemite. If you're staying in the valley make use of the shuttle bus..it's free and eco-friendly. You can stop at all the stops and look around. You need more than a day to really enjoy the whole place. We stayed there camping for a week and really roughed it.. tents and cooking everyday and no electricity. We saw deers and actually saw a bear by the river. I recommend bringing a tripod and a binocular.. to see rock climbers at the face of El Capitan. Lots of things to see and do there. And last but not least see the Sequoias at the south entrance. Your entrance fee is good for a week (save your receipt) so coming back from Mono Lake is free. Have fun.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
lolNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow