HD video: How important is it to you in a DSLR?

Started Sep 8, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Eug
Eug
Senior MemberPosts: 2,707
Like?
HD video: How important is it to you in a DSLR?
Sep 8, 2009

It seems the 1080p24 video is what all the 5D owners who dabbled in video were after. For me, I'm just happy I'll have HD video to play around with on the 7D when I get it, but I'm still primarily interested in the still camera capabilities of the 7D. In fact, I didn't really understand just how much support for 1080p24 specifically was sought after until I started reading the video-oriented posts about the 5D.

I have a DV camera as well, but almost never use it, because it's annoying to use tape-based systems and it's annoying to carry around both my still camera and my DV camera. So, I just carry my still camera. Now I'll have a superior video camera, and a superior still camera all in one package. However, for me video is just something to play around with.

How many of you will be more seriously using the video? And how many of you will be depending on the 7Ds video support to make money?

I can see some of you getting it for wedding videos, etc. although I'm thinking for those who are seriously into shooting video for broadcast, etc. would probably rather use other higher end video solutions when possible.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
VeryNew
VeryNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow