Started Sep 8, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lild01
Regular MemberPosts: 256
Like?
Time To Move on...
Sep 8, 2009

I have been a loyal Fuji fan for the past 10 years. I have gone through 3 Fuji's. I had the Z something I think it. It was my first Fuji and was silver and looked like a mini DSLR. I loved that camera and I used it in Korea and the Iraqi invasion. Then I had a S7000 which I just loved and still use. However the CF card slot don't work so I am forced to use XD cards and we all know how much of a pain that can be. Then almost 5 years ago I fell in love with my baby. I brand new S3 Pro that I bought from Sammy's camera in LA. I have done so much with that camera and it has been a trooper. I have fallen down a flight of stairs with it. Dropped it too many times to count. Hell I even fried the circuit boards two times when I had one CF card with bent pins. It takes great images and I now understand the power of the FUJI cult. I am sad to say to say I have to jump ship and join the full NIKON family with a new D300s. I will pick it up in 3 days. It will be a sad day when I move my trusty S3 to the back up slot in my camera bag. But it has to be done.

My S3 shows the green/purple line of death at times on high ISO shots. I don't even use 1600 any more. The preview and on camera flash work when they feel like it. For some reason its stuck on 6m mode and wont go back to 12m. And I still have never been able to figure out why it never auto rotated pictures.

I know I could buy a S5 and be happy in the short term. But honestly I think the DSLR thing has passed Fuji by. If I knew they were committed to new products I would stick it out. But I just don't sense they care. So its off to NIKON land and I hope to use my S3 from time to time. I will take it a wedding this weekend and it will be hard to not reach for it as a first choice.

I just wanted to say even though I don't post all that often I enjoyed the respect that was given in this room. I will always have a warm spot for this place and all the Fuji Shooters I have met here.

Somebody turn out the lights when the last FUJI shooter leaves.

D.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
nopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow