Started Sep 6, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MinoltaMan78
Contributing MemberPosts: 781
Like?
Wife's D90 Shots of Pittsburgh, Part 1
Sep 6, 2009

Approximately two weeks ago I posted some pictures I took of Pittsburgh with my D90 set to the Vivid Color picture control mode. My wife also has a D90 with the Nikkor 16-85 VR, and she was taking pictures during that same excursion. Here are some of hers. As far as I know, she used MM and the Standard picture control mode with Sharpening at 5, Saturation at +1 and Brightness at -1. I don't know if she used her CP for all of these, but by and large she did better than I did!

One of the most sacred sites in Pittsburgh. . .

This is one of Pittsburgh's newest monuments. It is a bronze sculpture of George Washington conversing with an Indian Chief, supposedly an event that might have happened at this very site during George Washington's service during the French and Indian Wars.

This shot of downtown Pittsburgh shows the wide zoom capabilities of the 16-85 VR.

The classic postcard view from the terrace of the Duqesne Incline Station on Mt. Washington.

Finally, here are two shots she took on a trip to Fallingwater, the famous Frank Lloyd Wright house in the Laurel Highlands east of Piitsburgh. The scenes here can be exposure hell, but no MM problems here!

Remember these shots are by MinoltaMan's wife! Enjoy!

Fred
--
Switched to Nikon (D90) in January 2009

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow