Started Aug 29, 2002 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Janet
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?
getting confused & disillusioned...
Aug 29, 2002

Hi...The more I read all of these questions & answers on this site, the more I'm questioning what to do. I was all excited and set to buy the7i, but I read there are problems w/the 1.0 or 1.10 firmware, whichever it is supposed to be, and it might have to be changed, then I read about these problems with this "vignetting", which is totally foreign to me. I am not a technical person. I just wanted an excellent camera that isn't like a trigonometry test, with all of these problems that have to be solved. I don't want to spend all of this money on a new camera, and have to contend with all of these problem issues right from the start... that you all keep mentioning. (and I know it is not just the 7i, that ALL digital cameras are going to have problems.) It is disheartening. I think maybe I should just stick to film, and spend the money on a good film scanner, which doesn't have all of these other issues to contend with. I feel saddened and not at all excited now, knowing I've got all of these "issues" to contend with, on top of trying to learn this camera. I'm going to be searching for all of these problems and be worrying about if & when they are going to show up. I just want to be an artist with it and enjoy setting up and taking pictures. This is just too much...Janet

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow