ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Saturoldan
Regular MemberPosts: 230
Like?
Old fashioned 1D/DS matter
Sep 4, 2009

Hi all!

May be it´s just me, but when a new 1D* 1DS* camera is out one of the things I always look is the exposure compensation. And it´s always the same tale with Canon.

I find that +-3 stops were very useful in slides, so I could made high precission exposures and get the exposure that I wanted, due to +-3 was the Dynamic range of most slides.

But right now, dynamic range in digital is bigger (and we want it even to be bigger), but not the exposure compensation offered by Canon even in Pro level cameras. Right now if I want a white dot I have to push out the compesation from +-3 stops. IMO a nice photographic tool must have an exposure compensation at last as the maximum dynamic range that the camera has.

May be a high precission tool like 1 series would need this easy and cheap fix to measure light properly in manual and puntual mode before a highly complicated and who knows if well-working expensive iFCL dual layer sensor. (I am not criticizing Canon´s tech, but it´s common sense)

Regards.

-- hide signature --

...With the birds I'll Share This Lonely View...

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow