ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peskov
Forum MemberPosts: 69
Like?
Windows Picture and Fax Viewer problem
Sep 1, 2009

My problem is standing in different places:

the thing is I correct my RAW photos and then save them as JPEG but as I sometimes look at the photos from Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, which is the default Windows software for photos.

Most of the times, it shows the right sharpness and quality but sometimes, as today, it shows really bad quality and sharpness but as I zoom into the picture from there, I can see the sharpness again.

I think the main problem could be that the software wants to fit the photo into my screen but as it does this, it may give me a wrong percent of the fitted photo, that doesn't show me the right quality - it's the same as in Photoshop, if the photo is default zoomed 16,67%, it's pretty weird, even the shapes aren't right but if I zoom it to 25% what I usually work with, is ok but if I can see the photo with good quality and sharpness in photoshop but not in my Windows default picture viewer, it's obvious that the problem is in Windows software.

DON'T START COMPLAINING ABOUT THE WINDOWS NOW AND PRAISING THE MAC OS X, IT'S NOT THE PLACE FOR THAT!

Maybe the problem is in my 17' laptop resolution, which is 1400x900 and it fits it kind a weirdly here, maybe not but the thing is that I must see them correctly and faster then opening them all in Photoshop and so does my client, who is probably using Windows also - I don't want her to get the wrong impression from the photos and choosing the wrong ones or letting the better ones go.

What software should I use and should I suggest to my client to watch the photos with?

Sincerely, Peskov-

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow