ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
itspeanutbutterjellytime
Regular MemberPosts: 110
Like?
Nikon D3000 or D90
Aug 31, 2009

Hi all,

Over the past few months I have been looking into getting a Nikon camera, reading reviews of all the models remotely in my price range and also stalking (be afraid, be very afraid) these forums for opinions and advice on whats best.

Although they are several hundreds of pounds different, my choice is down to two and only two.

The new Nikon D3000 at £499 and the D90 at £799.

Whilst the D3000 is cheaper and will let me obtain another lens for just over the price of the D90 (i'm after a macro) the only problem I have with the D3000 is that it isn't the D90

I'm in two minds. Caught between knowing the D3000 is probably better suited since I am a beginner, but also knowing that the D90 -is- from all the reviews, just such a great camera and it may always niggle in the back of my mind that I should have bought one, moreso because im only going to buy -one- camera that will do me for a long time.

As I have just celebrated my birthday, I'm going to plump for one of these cameras this week and I would like to know your views.

Many thanks

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow