Started Aug 29, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
andyroo770
Regular MemberPosts: 163
Like?
Best location-lighting options
Aug 29, 2009

I am looking to get some studio lights, my main gig would be on location fashion style stuff.

Ideally i'd want something that's super powerful but can also be dialed down real low when necessary, is ultra-portable ie; battery powered and has the ability to run upto three separate lights in sync. Also high speed flash duration would be nice and compatibility with the new PocketWizards would be a plus.

To my knowledge there is nothing that ticks all these boxes, the closest I have come across is the Elinchrom Ranger series but it seems only 2 heads run off the inverter unit and the heads are only 400ws a piece so not super powerful so to have three lights i'd need two battery inverters = expensive!

They do have very quick flash duration for motion stopping power. No idea if they're compatible with the new pocketwizards for remote power adjustment and ultra high speed sync (hypersync)?

Can anyone make alternative suggestions I may not know about that are also battery powered, powerful, consistent (both colour and power), portable, make toasted sandwiches etc...etc...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow