Started Aug 28, 2002 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ronald King
Forum MemberPosts: 71
Like?
Non- Minolta flash on D7i
Aug 28, 2002

First of all, let me say the Dimage 7i rocks! I've had mine for 11 days and so far I've been more pleased with it than I ever imagined. Coming from a Nikon 5000, this camera is so much more of a pleasure to use, I'm in digicam paradise! Now I have a slight dilema, I've been asked to do some family pictures this coming Friday and I will definately need an external flash for this event. I have a Nikon SB-26 flash that I used with my 5000, but I'm not sure what adaptor I need to mount it on the camera. I did a search on this forum and only found one thread on this topic and the FS-1100 was mentioned for using a non-Minolta flash. Can anyone tell me if this is what I need to mount my Nikon flash on the D7i? I understand I will have to use manual exposure mode on the camera and flash, that's fine, but I just need to be able to make the flash fire. I plan on getting the 5600 flash in the near future, but right now it's not in my budget, so I need to try and make due with what I have. Any insight that anyone can give will be greatly appreciated, I need to order something tomorrow to have it by Friday.

Thank you,

Ronald King

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow