I thought third party batteries didn't work for the G1?

Started Aug 28, 2009 | Discussions thread
Harold66
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,348Gear list
Like?
corporate greed
In reply to Don, Aug 29, 2009

Don wrote:

Lithium Ion batteries can self ignite and burn with intense heat and are very difficult to put out. Now I do not know if the G1 etc have LI batteries but folk may like to think about the risk next time they fly and have cheap 3rd party batteries installed in cameras. Camera manufactures try to block the use of these batteries for good reasons. To my knowledge there have been 3 in flight incidents with LI batteries in the US this year and ALPA is trying to have them banned on pax aircraft. Then where will we be?? The cheap option is not always the cheapest in the long run.
--

Hello Don

while what you say is generally true, it was not the reason why panasonic ban the use of 3rd party batteries , which are usually made of the same components than the panasonic ones. this was a appaling move with greed as the only motivating factor

they expect most sites would be too afraid of advertising aftermath to call them on that. Noisy cameras was one of the only site to finger Panasonic for such a reprehensible behavior
Harold

Harold66's gear list:Harold66's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow