G11 not the

Started Aug 27, 2009 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Senior MemberPosts: 2,466
G11 not the
Aug 27, 2009

I’ve heard it said that great photographers of the past are remembered for a relative few landmark images they made over the years.

Is photography becoming a drag to you? Are you consumed with the latest gear? Do you want to like photography more and make better pictures?

Rather than buying a G11, here's some simple changes that could make a positive difference in your photography:

1-Shoot less often
2-fill up your memory card before transferring images to computer.

3-be more discriminating and ignore most images, except those that really standout . It’s OK to save the less-than-great ones to your Western Digital “My Passport”, just make sure not to spend any time on them.

The above occurred to me because I find myself, way too often:
1- taking pictures when the light/circumstances are not optimal (or even decent)

2- uploading images way before card is full, increasing the chances that mediocre images will pass the smell test and get “worked” and/or uploaded to my photo site.

I haven’t tried these suggestion yet, but I will. I’ll let you know my thoughts/findings in about 6 months.

PS, I sold my D700 to concentrate on mastering my A720is. I might get the S90 when it's released. I like its size and KR calls it "the best compact ever". But then there's that massive focal range of the SX20. Who knows?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow