Started Aug 25, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Arretose
Senior MemberPosts: 1,049
Like?
SU800 vs. Pocket Wizard Mini/Flex
Aug 25, 2009

I posted a question in the Lighting Technique forums with no reply, so I think this forum might be better suited for Nikon specific gear. I am thinking about buying the Pocket Wizard Mini/Flex system OR the SU800, to wireless-ly trigger my SB900, SB800, SB600 and future speed lights I purchase. I have also been reading about the inconsistent and unreliable nature of the PWiz system with canon (Nikon to come out this fall). I understand that the PWiz is radio controlled while the SU800 is infrared, but aside from these two main differences, what is the advantage of the SU800 over the Pwiz (either plus or mini/flex)...or is the other way around....what is the advantage of the PWiz system over the SU800.

My use will be for portraits at a max of 40 feet from the subject, so distance is not an issue, I think. However, I do not want to be limited to line of sight communication either. I like the idea that all of the flashes are controlled by the one SU800 instead of in camera (pop up) or on speed light.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow