Started Aug 20, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ryan2007
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,117Gear list
Like?
Understanding HD video G 11
Aug 20, 2009

Just to understand and get to the meat of it. How good is the digital still quality of the G 11? I would buy a camera based on the main job it is meant to do thus far. I am sure this time next year it's the G 12.

Reading some of the posts it seems having HD video is important to some. This is one gimmick type feature I have never been sold on. I would think the job of a camera is to take the best still image possible. A video camera is to record the best image and sound. The still feature in a video camera can't be worth the trouble for any use as far as depending on quality stills.

If I was shooting a wedding I would not use a video camera to take stills. Same with the digital P&S/DSLR. It all is an unnecessary option to do cross duty other than fun.

Can the G10 or G11 be evaluated solely on it's main job? I have to say I still have my G7 and all seems ok. Just trying to figure out what the next best upgrade should be.

ryan2007's gear list:ryan2007's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow