Started Aug 17, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MYKC
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
GH1: Great, but poor flesh tones?
Aug 17, 2009

Got a GH1 last week (less than £1000 from Mathers of Lancashire now!) and my first impressions are that it is a huge step up in terms of image quality, performance and capability from my trusty old FZ30.

However, I was dismayed to find that, like the FZ30, it gives very unflattering over-reddened flesh tones in pictures of my pale-skinned Celtic family. The reviews that I read didn't say much about skin tone, which seems surprising considering that most ordinary users probably takes lots of shots of people, and flesh tones also don't appear to have hit the headlines in this forum, so I was surprised that my first attempts at portraits were so poor.

The shots from a weekend family gathering were very disappointing. Is this due to user error (serious but not surprising)? Do the prominent red noses reveal a serious drinking culture in my family that I have missed out on (quite serious)? Have I spent £1000 on the wrong camera (extremely serious)? Suggestions on how to deal with any of these possible sources of the problem would be very welcome.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow