Help! Reds print, as orange, but they are Red.

Started Aug 16, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
twomoocows
Regular MemberPosts: 102
Like?
Help! Reds print, as orange, but they are Red.
Aug 16, 2009

I have problems in printing reds. Like the deep reds in a poppy or vibrant red clothing. In PS and Bridge the reds seem to change to orange, and that is what is printed.

I have my screen calibrated with the huey pro, and images with areas that have nice deep reds, print as orange areas. All other colors are correct. PS shows the reds as orange and out of gamut. I have been printing to an epson 3800 on premium semigloss photo paper, and notice that in bridge, when I select a folder of images, the thumbnails with red in them change to orange almost immediately, one by one (I do see the red first though). I will try a print on some glossy paper to see if that's any better. The Reds in the original RAW files are definitely red when previewed in other programs (image preview etc).

Color profile is AdobeRGB in camera (5d MKII) and PS/Bridge.

I let PS manage color and turn the color correction off in the printer dialog.

I don't really want to color correct all the images again before I print them. Does this sound like a color profile issue.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow